Thursday, August 19, 2010

Until The Whole World Hears

Its been a while since my last time blogging. Things have been going great here in Suriname and I give God all the glory. Not much has changed over the past couple months. We’ve been busy as usual and we’ve continue to pour into many people and places that God has set before us.

Victories: the small group of young men have continued to come to my home a couple times a week for discipleship and prayer. The radio is still rollin and we are spreading the good news via airwaves a few times each week. Although the water is extremely high for the month of August, we are far from the flood levels we experienced in the Spring. And last but not least, we had an amazing time of refreshment and fellowship recently with many other missionaries from around our region. We were able to meet and share stories and learn so much, which was so encouraging, and also very heart stirring. This last victory has lead me to sit down and try and put some of my recent thoughts and passions into this blog.

While attending our annual prayer retreat this past month, my heart was constantly pounding and my mind seemed to be running 100 mph all day long as I sat and listened to story after story of those people groups in the world, and more specifically the ones here in South America, who have yet to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was somewhat shocked at first, having known that our organization and so many others have been working in and around this area for over 100 years now. But there are still people who have yet to hear the name of Jesus Christ in so many places.

Revelation 7:9 says, “and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb.” I cant help but wonder if the fulfillment of these words might not bring to our eyes one of the sweetest and most beautiful sights that we may ever see in this life here on earth, and our time in heaven. To see a representative from every nation, tribe and tongue…that will be absolutely incredible. But even more incredible, even more beautiful, even more breath taking…they are gathered around the throne of the Lamb. They are gathered around the throne of our Savior, of Christ Jesus our Lord.

But I also cannot help to think about the fact that right now, in regards to the fulfillment of these scriptures, there are tribes and tongues that are not yet represented around the throne. Revelation 7:9 wont be fulfilled until every nation, tribe, people and language have been reached! Even now, in the year of 2010, there are entire people groups heading towards eternal damnation simply because they have never even had the opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ. There are still tribes and people who have not yet even been located, much less evangelized.

And as I sat and listened to so many of our leaders stand before us and share these stories, I couldn’t help but wonder if God might not be preparing me and others around the world, to GO

and search, to GO and seek, to GO and share with these lost souls.

I doubt there is a one of you reading this that hasn’t heard the Commission and Command from Matthew 28:19-20, “Therefore GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” We, as believers, are all called to be a part of this, rightly and justly named, Great Commission; for it is of great importance!

Romans 10:14-15 (in summary) is basically saying: Theres people who don’t believe in the Lord because they have never heard of Him. How will they hear if someone doesn’t go and tell them?!!! Most of the people in the world right now who still have yet to hear the name of Jesus, haven’t heard for one of a few reasons. Some nations have very strict rules and laws keeping outside influences from coming in and “corrupting” their own traditions, values and religious beliefs. Some of these last remaining peoples are hostile, and reports have shown that many that have gotten too close, whether by mistake or not, have been injured or killed. Some of these people are simply hard to get to, living in extremely remote and far off places that make reaching them and living among them hard/next to impossible. And there are others still, who know there is life outside their own small people group, but still they hide…in fear of who knows what, not wanting to be found?

I just wanted to write this blog today to encourage you, and myself as well, to not forget these lost souls that have yet to be reached. We have a command to GO and tell the whole world. And even if we may not be able to physically go, we can send up our prayers to our Father who goes before each and every one of us, no matter where we may be serving; either off on distant shores, or right in America, which is also in desperate need of revival and the love and light of Christ being spread.

I shared these verses and thoughts and feelings with one of the nearby churches here in the jungle just last Sunday. I shared with them that they too are part of the Great Commission. They too are part of reaching out to the lost souls all around the world. I was so encouraged by the lady in “row number 2”. I don’t think she ever stopped smiling during the entire time I was sharing. I really think she understood it and got it. She realized she was part of something more than herself. She realized she was part of the Great Commission task of sharing the love of Christ with all peoples, tongues and tribes.

We ended that service on Sunday the same way Ill end here…in prayer. We prayed that the Lord would continue to "send out his workers into His harvest field". We prayed that the Lord would continue to raise up mighty men and women of God to “GO ye therefore”. That God would open up paths and doors that may have never been opened and send people to reach out to those who have never heard.

Let us pray for the day, where we too will be standing around the throne of the Lamb, in awe of our Lord and Savior, but also in awe of the beauty of all the people in attendance with us; people from every single nation, every single people, every single tribe and tongue, together, as one, worshiping Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. What a precious sight it will be!!!


ti

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Taylor! I'm glad you told me that YOU are THE Taylor I heard so much about before I came. I read a little bit of your blog.... really cool stuff. Keep writing!