Monday, January 19, 2009

4-Ten first timers

I'm a big time fan of first timers...Here's a few from my time so far:

1- First time to drive on the wrong side of the road, switch gears with the wrong hand, and sit in the wrong seat while driving.
2- First time to spend an entire day on a boat on a river
3- First time to get a sun burn in January
4- First time to chop the head off a viper in my back yard
5- First time to fly in a 5 seater airplane and land on a grass runway
6- First time to climb a 300 ft tower on a 2000 ft mountain and see the horizon 360 degrees around
7- First time to sleep in a hammock for a week straight
8- First time to get schooled by an 11 year old playing soccer
9- First time to tell someone in the jungle a Bible story (Charles was my translator)
10- First time to actually see first had the darkness that has many people in the jungle captured and living a life of fear. Please keep praying that the Lord replace the fear in the hearts of these people with a holy and righteous fear for Himself!

5 comments:

curlytop531 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paige said...

We have #1 and #3 in common, and I hope I never EVER have to do #4!!!

Great pics.

jane said...

due to the realization that i cannot switch gears while even on the right side of the road & in the correct seat (shoved embarrassingly close to the wheel), it is a good thing i haven't had this experience yet. reading out loud Psalm 91 in light of #4 and #10 is a sweet reminder.

curlytop531 said...

Wow sounds like the Lord is doing amazing things! I am hoping that you can drive on the wrong side of the road better than you can drive a golf cart! I am not surprised that you killed a viper...although I am sure that you tried to catch it before you killed it. I am also awaiting word that you have created a "home-made" zip-line down the mountain, hopefully you will have better luck this time than your previous attempts :). Stay safe in the jungle, praying for you and Ryan!

Ashley said...

hahah... zip line... he would need some magazines for that. it's really simple to make one. :) i can give you some pointers. the one in your cabin was quite simple really.

sounds like you're doing such wonderful things for God! you and ryan are in my prayers always!